Friday, May 9, 2008

The realisation hits

Alright. It's 3 in the morning. I just finished a page and wanted to put it away in the folder. I'm putting them in the folder in the order they will appear in the book. to find out where it went, I laid all my pages out in front of me. This is my first real 'overview' of everything I've done and all I've got to do. There are currently 11 pages here in front of me, all in different stages of incompletion. I know I have at least one more page that I have drawn but haven't traced up. That leaves 5 pages unaccounted for. I know I have 4 that still need to be drawn. And it's the 9th of May. My deadline is 1st of June, give or take a few days.

I can't do this. I can't get this book finished and be what I want it to be, and have it done by the deadline. There's still WAY to much to do! I can't get it completed by the date.

I still have several major backgrounds to do, some major scenes involving a taxi, the big reveal on the last page. The only way I can get this completed by my self imposed deadline is to start cheating. To start taking shortcuts and cutting corners, and I don't want to do that! This is my damn book, I want it to look how I want it to look and it's going to be as good as I can make it or it isn't going to be anything!

So no. As much as I wanted it to be, Robotoon issue 2 will NOT be released at Supanova this year.

Fuck.

No comments: