Monday, May 26, 2008

21 days to go

That's all the time I'm giving myself. My original deadline was the 1st of June, which is the end of this week. Long story short, not gonna make it. So now I'm working to the 16th of June. Which only gives the printers a week, but that will, hopefully, be enough. I haven't finished any more pages, but I'm getting a lot done on a lot of pages. Hopefully the finished moment on some of them will start happening soon.

So yesterday, Myself and the rest of the Comic Cohorts were exhibiting at the Zine fair at the MCA in Sydney. (Museum of Contemporary Art for those who haven't heard of it - which covers just about everybody.) I probably should have mentioned it here. It turned out to be a really good day. I sold five issues, which was a lot better than Wollongong and much better than Melbourne. I also traded one issue for ten dollars worth of pre stamped envelopes. What the hell.

I only had copies of Robotoon available. I'm still waiting on the reprint of Woodville and Spider-Duck isn't completed. My opening line about Toon being "The worlds greatest comic about a Superhero Robotic Rabbit" always managed to get a smile - well, except from a group of Emo's who were trying to find fault in everything. Tony had found some old Golden Age Australian comic book characters, that we had a blast updating. The Storm Brats were quite well behaved and seemed to enjoy themselves. Not sure how well Tanya and Owen went. Tony sold a few issues, including yet another issue of 'William Shakespeare's Godzilla'. How, I'll never know. He's had that damn book for years, but has never sold any. Now they're selling like hotcakes. Really tasty hotcakes!! Last I heard, I don't think Hayden had much luck at all. He seems to always do well at Supanova, so hopefully that will pan out a bit better for him. We disappeared after the band started playing late in the afternoon. The music wasn't bad, but they didn't think to adjust the sound levels accordingly for playing in a marble room. I think I went deaf with the first note. Yeah, yeah, yeah. If it's too loud, you're too old. Blow it out your ass.

Ness and I went and saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Longest Freaking Title after. It was the second time I'd seen it, and I like it. I don't think the 'McGuffin' was the best choice, but it was still Indy. Anything George Lucas touches nowadays seems to turn to shit, but Spielberg still has what it takes. Came home, went to bed, slept. Starting to think that could be a plan now.

No comments: