Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I got a Shark in the mail!!


One of the film projects I was hoping to do was a puppet version of the movie 'JAWS' - god alone knows why. Tony had an old oven mit in the shape of a shark, which I always thought was just shit. I made comments about making a new shark puppet, but Tony found this website which had a really cool looking great white shark puppet that wasn't too expensive. I figured what the hell and ordered one. He arrived this morning and he is great!

He's - you know what? I'm gonna call him Bruce, just like the original - Bruce is 33 inches long, which is freaking huge. He's got ways of controlling the mouth and the tail and some weird thing with the eyes. and the best part is, he has a thing at the back of the throat, so you can put another puppet in his mouth and control it through the Shark, which will come in handy later on.

I'm going to play around with him on my day off and see if I can get some test footage done. We still have to make the Puppets of the lead characters. I'll put Ness to work for that one. But at the moment, I'm just really thrilled to have him.

I have a shark!

No comments: