Monday, June 30, 2008

R.I.P. Indy Mogul


I think I mat have mentioned this in passing before, but there is a website I visit regularly called Indy Mogul. It's an instructional and resource site for amateur Film makers. They give instructions on how to build props and equipment you can use both in your film and to make your film. The best part is, most of the stuff they teach you to build is out of junk! Just miscellaneous stuff you can either find around the place or buy really cheaply. All the projects they describe are under $50 bucks US. They also provided quick teaching in certain techniques of film making. Quick, easy lessons to help young or beginning film makers their craft. For over twelve months they regularly updated their videos and their site. I have at least two pieces of equipment I have constructed from their plans. It was one of my favourite sites and I visited it regularly.

You ever hear the Phrase "Jump the Shark"? Well, Indy Mogul has done a double back flip up and over a school of Great Whites. It's been slow, but they have completely dropped off. The quality of shows slowly degraded and they started replaying older episodes. A lot of episodes are relying solely on stuff that fans have sent in. The updates are getting fewer and further between.

As a whole, Indy Mogul is not what it used to be. Which is a real shame, because it used to be great.

Check it out if you like.
http://www.indymogul.com/

No comments: