Friday, November 14, 2008

Stuck in the middle with you

OK, so I'm at a little bit of a low point right now.

Ness found this great job on the web for me. Creative Artworker. Film industry. Doing DVD covers. Must love films. Perfect.

We went through so much for my application. Ness completely rewrote my resume. She wrote and updated my cover letter. I redesigned my resume to be a bit more eye catching. We sent it in. I called to make sure it arrived. Expressed my interest. Sent in some work examples. Everything and anything I thought might get me at least an interview.

I just got a response from this women. Wouldn't even accept me for an interview. No other feedback.

What the fuck does it take now? Jesus H Christ!! I've been applying for jobs for the last 18 months or so, and I think I've had two interviews. One was only with a fucking agency for Christ's sake!! Jesus!! All I want to do is talk to these people, show them who I am, what I can do. I'm so fucking sick of this! SHIT!!

And on top of all that, I still haven't found a place to live. I can't even get to the inspection stage with that either! They post the ad on the web, you call up straight away, and they either dick you around for four days until the property isn't available any more, or they leased it just before posting the fucking ad!

All I want is just a decent job and a place to live! Is that too much to ask!!! I'm 34 fucking years old, I've been working since I was 17, I've studied, I've got degrees, certificates, experience, I've actually gone out of my way to get experience in as many different facets as possible. But no one will even interview me, let alone hire me. So I continue to be stuck in this shitty cinema, for crap pay, which takes away all of my options for finding a place to live, because I just can't afford to pay what it takes to get a somewhat decent place! I don't even want anything flash. Just neat, reasonably clean, a kitchen and a bathroom. It's a basic human right to have somewhere to live, why is this so difficult!!

I'm too old for this shit, I really am. This is crap you do when you're 24, not 34. I should be past all of this. Why am I at this point? I'd blame Paula, except it would mean I'd have to acknowledge the moronic little bitches existence.

I've had it. I don't want to play anymore.

No comments: