Monday, November 10, 2008

Every tail has a begining . . .


That's a play on words on the title, before I get any comments about using the wrong spelling.

I'd thought I'd lost this. I was going through some stuff at my parents place and found it. This is the original drawing I did of RoboToon way back in 1989. You can see the heavy influence of the original Robocop on him.

This drawing is nearly twenty years old. I think that makes it officially an antique. It's amazing how much my drawing has changed since then. But, after twenty years of practice, you'd want to hope so! If I remember rightly, it took me a couple weeks work to do this. I think I managed to convince a couple of teachers it was for an assignment so I could draw in class. Seems like I was getting in trouble for that even then!

I never would have imagined that this guy would have still been with me after so long. Back then, it was just a silly idea that made me laugh. But then again, aren't they all?

2 comments:

Amie.f.d said...

Cool, you really have improved a lot since, but obviously you could draw back then too.
Oh and by the way you spelt tale wrong. ;).

ShannmanLives said...

Cheeky Bitch.