Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Help me! I'm Homeless!!


So I get home last Friday night and my flatmates need to talk to me. Never a good sign.

It seems that Glen and Therese have had enough of Sydney and are getting out. Way out. Mudgee out. Now, this is not something I begrudge them. Not at all. Sydney is getting rather difficult to deal with. Jobs are getting scarce, Traffic is a freaking nightmare, and the sky rocketing rent prices are getting ridiculous. Part of me envies them some. My friends Chris and Amie moved out to Wagga over 2 years ago know I think, and they're lives have just gone up and up. I have it in my head to take off up to Wagga as well and try my luck out there, except it wouldn't be in my Girlfriends best interests to drag her along and I'm not going anywhere without her.

Sorry Steve.

So they've made a life choice that's the best for them, and power to them. Best of luck, really. But it's left me in a little bit of a lurch. There are four people living in this house. Three are leaving. Which only make sense that I have to leave as well. And as I stated earlier, real estate in Sydney - sucks. It's either too expensive, to far away, or too similar in conditions to a Nazi Death Camp. At least they had showers! All right, yeah. Bad taste.

So, as I pack up my belongings and anxiously search for a room, I can feel that cold, dead feeling in the pit of my stomach that always shows it's head when I don't have a plan. I like new things and I like change. I actually need it every now and then. But I HATE no knowing! I hate it when things are so up in the air like this.

So yeah. I have about 6 weeks to find a new home. So far, things aren't going to well. So I need all the luck I can get. If you have a God, please pray to him for me. If not, can you borrow someone else's?

No comments: