Sunday, August 31, 2008

The end is the begining is the end

Today was the last day of the 'Shooting Spree', which was an entire month of weekends where we went out and filmed. We picked this month because Tony's new girlfriend had to go over seas for a month. Seems redundant now. More on THAT later.

We got a lot done over this month. It scares me a little, how much more stuff we could have done over the last couple years if I wasn't always working weekends. I digress. So the projects we got done were:

Horrorflix V2.0 - The re shoot of our failed Trasharama shoot, which almost became a case of History repeating itself.

Yawn of the Dead - Just a short thing, filmed at Fox studios, which takes the piss out Tony's need for coffee first thing in the morning. We have one more shot to do for this before it's completed.

Knock Knock - This had to have been the most fun we had. A short comedy sketch, based on an old Gong show sketch. The film's funny. The Bloopers reel is funnier.

Dueling Remote's - not the final title. This is possibly going to be the world's silliest Lightsaber battle.

Toilet Humour - I managed to edit this together for Tony. It looks really good, which I was a little surprised at.

We had a few other things we wanted to do but didn't get around to. No big deal, we can get to them later. I'm quite pleased at how much we got done. Have to admit though, this month sort of re-iterated just how exhausting filming can be. We would be out shooting for only about four hours or so, and wind up completely exhausted. We ever get around to shooting a feature, it's going to kill us! I have to finish editing and special effects work on the films before posting them. I'll let you all know when they're available.

Now for the other news. Like I said, Tony and I picked this month to shoot because his girlfriend was away overseas. She was due to get back this Wednesday, which is about three days away. Tony received a call from the girl, who proceeded to tell him he had been replaced, and she no longer wanted to pursue a relationship with him. To say he was devastated by the news is to call World War 2 an annoying skirmish. I drove Tony back to his dad's place a little while ago. If I had to sum up Tony's mood by the time I dropped him off, I would have to say. . .

Angry.

No comments: