Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Back to The Lot

No, I'm not making a sequel. Well, not yet at least.

Tell me something. When the hell did one O'clock in the morning become 'not that late' to me? I just looked at the clock, and it's nearly one. I'm quite tired, could use the sleep, but at some point have decided that one in the morning is to early for me. God knows when I got reprogrammed for that. But I digress

I've put an early version of 'The Lot' up on Youtube. I'll embed it down below. I've been getting some quite positive feedback from it. Heck, the first comment was posted in under 5 mins, praising it. That's a very good feeling, let me tell you. While I was up in Wagga, visiting Chris and Amie, which is always worth the 5 hour drive, Amie - God love her - put it on and made every one watch it. Some had already seen it and really enjoyed it, but none of the others had seen it by then. They all seemed to enjoy it, which is very positive. The one down side that a lot of people have mentioned is the sound. It's choppier than a stormy sea. I fully admit this.

Unfortunately, at this point, sound and lighting are my two let downs. Haven't had enough experience on either to really know what I'm doing. Yeah, I know. Read a book. And I have. I know the theory behind the two, but theory and practice are as different as Ocean and desert. So, like everything else related to this, it's play it and see.

On that note, I've just pent the last several hours here at home playing around with the sound. And I have to say, I think it's working. It's sounding a hell of a lot better, the choppiness is gone, and it flows really well. there's no huge, distracting changes in the background noise anymore, so it's not throwing off the audience. I'm really happy with it.

So, a few more tweaks, possibly a little bit of Music from Miss Lucy and this thing will e ready to submit to Trasharama. My first festival entry.

Wow. Seriously.



No comments: