Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Failed Trasharama

It's late, I'm tired and I feel like telling a story.

So in my last post, I mentioned the slight mishap that our … oh, who the fuck am I trying to kid. It was an absolute fucking shambles. Complete shagging disaster from the get go.

The plan was this. I had this idea about a girl being stalked by a hooded killer type - you basic 80's bogeyman along the lines of Jason Voorhees or Michael Myers. He follows her home, sneaks into her house, follows her upstairs and attacks her in the shower - yes, I was planning a nude scene. Or at least I was going to fake one. But the film was going to end with the girl throwing the body of the stalker - I think I was going to call him Pumpkin Jack - onto a pile of other killers in the garage. So she was a serial killer killer.

What the hell. Seemed like a good idea at the time, if I could have pulled it off.

At the time, I had not yet purchased my High Def, funky as hell camera. However, I had recently met another guy who had his own, Hi Def, Funky as hell camera that he was complaining about not getting enough use out of. Trasharama was coming up, I had my brilliant idea, so we decided to collaborate. I Called some of my friends to come and help me out cause I was going to be needing a crew on this one. I arranged to get the time off of work. Cause of the nature of my job, if I ever wanted a full weekend off, I had to book at least three weeks in advance. So it was a big deal to arrange all of this. I needed to be able to get everything I needed shot on those two days, cause it would be at least another month before I would get anther opportunity to shoot. So a lot was riding on this.

The day arrives. I told everyone to arrive around 10, which I thought was fairly reasonable. If I had my way, I would have had everyone there by 7. I'm not an early riser at all, but when I've got something to do I like to get stuck into it. I had my script ready and printed, and most of the shots storyboarded. I'd set my alarm, gotten myself up and ready, and was now just waiting on the others to arrive.

More to come. I'm tired and going to bed.

No comments: