Sunday, December 14, 2008

HorrorFlix and Customer Service

So the movie that will never end is getting another couple steps towards completion.

I took this weekend off from work - and there seems to be a whole 'nother story in THAT - so we could try and get some filming done. First up, on Saturday, we finally got together to go a shoot the last few shots we needed for HorrorFlix. It was just meant to be a couple of fill in shots, but I was watching the final edit, and felt it needed something. So I came up with a couple quick and simple ideas which we shot with the full intention that, if they didn't work, we'd just cut them out. Luckily, they worked. I've managed to edit all together, and it works really well. Good God, I think we've got a movie.

Secondly, I can up with a silly idea earlier this week that Tony and I shot today. Earlier this year, we tried to shoot a Trop Fest movie, based on Tony's comic character Black Sparrow. Due to unforeseen events, we never go that shot. We got kicked out of the location. After that, I tried beefing up the script to re try later. While I was writing, I came up with this silly idea about Shrink Ray's. Fast forward to know, and I managed to turn that one throwaway line into a complete idea. We shot Tony's part of it today, which was a real challenge. The script was completely dialogue based, which is new for us. IT took us about 5 hours, plus about an hour and ten minutes of tape to shoot 7 pages of script, which equates about 7 mins of screen time. It was also a trick for me, as I have only ever shot one dialogue scene before, and I cocked that up completely. So it will be interesting to see how this turns out.

By the way. Work sucks.

1 comment:

Amie.f.d said...

yeah sorry i never got back to you on the shrink ray script, i thought it was good, but couldnt really come up with anything to suggest with the short amount of time i had to think about it.