Sunday, January 3, 2010

Am I wrong?

Once again, my sense of right and worng, combined with my temper has resulted in an intresting on line arguement. I reacted, as I often do, with more of a impulsive explosion than a well thought out arguement.

Am I in the wrong? Tell me what you think.

The names have be changed to protect the stupid.

1st girl um jennifer hawkins bears her flaws? a crease on her his is due to bending to one side.. thats not going to make girls aware of anything. we need to see cellulite and rolls

2nd Girl
hahaha cellulite on a magazine cover would be ok but i'm not to sure i'd buy a mag that has rolls on the front of it :P
about an hour ago

Shannon Browning
No. We don't. Sticking a fat chick on a magazine cover isn't going to make women feel better about themselves. Stop expecting others to do something to make you feel better about yourself.
about an hour ago ·

1st
your quite rude shannon i love myself and i dont even buy the magazines so clearly im not referring to myself needing others to build my self esteem. i think if girls saw a little bit of curves not necessarily fat would make them feel okay to buy wat their wearing and have confidence. after all the magazines are there to advertise and sell clothes and it makes girls have eating disorders after discovering that the dress their fav model was wearing only comes in size 6

2nd girl
shannon is either a man or a skinny chick that just doesnt get what its like to be larger....is that right?

1st girl
yeah! a skinny man. put it this way when i read those mags that say stars at their worst and the pics are of them going from size 6 to 10 i wanna cry cos size 10 is healthy

Shannon Browning
Notice I never mentioned you. You made a comment, I responded. So even though you do like yourself, which is great, there is obviously something about yourself that you don't feel confident about. Don't take that out on me because I have a different opinion to yours.
And while I agree to not taking off blemishes and wrinkles and stray hairs, why ... See Moredo you suddenly have to have photos of larger sized, not as fit or toned women to represent women. Just show attractive women as they are. It's not Pretty girls fault that they're pretty. It's publishers faults that they're perfect.

2nd girl
hahaha i knew it! I kinda feel sorry for the stars it must make them feel like crap when any tiny amount of weight gain is publicized as it is. I do think that chicks should feel good about there bodies but it is hard and I know going from being larger to slimmer that it doesnt really make you feel better you still have those body image problems.Shannon once you have been a largerand also a lady.....then feel free to comment until then you have no idea.

2nd girl
been larger and a lady*


Shannon Browning
I'm not going to spend all night arguing this, but seriously. What a fucking naive comment! I don't understand body image unless I was fat and female?!? How fucking elitist are you? Yeah, I'm tall and skinny. And I was tall in skinny in High School, which made me a geeky freak. I was ridiculed for years BECAUSE OF WHAT I LOOKED LIKE! Which gave me ... See Morea negative body image, which was only enhanced by the imagery of other men around me, both peers and in the media. Which is something I had to make my own peace with. To think that only you can understand negative self image because you're female and had a few extra inches around the middle as a child is just fucking pathetic! Get your head out of your ass and stop acting like you own a problem because you once had to deal with it.

- overly aggressive, sure, but it pissed me off.

No comments: